BJS is committed to protecting and improving the environment in all areas of the company’s operations, by seeking continual improvement of our environment and employee safety and health as they relate to our products and operations. This is part of our commitment to preserve and enhance the environment.
The development and implementation of this policy is a commitment of BJS management and a shared responsibility with our employees.
BJS recognises that a commitment to the following guiding principles is fundamental in carrying out the company’s environmental policy:
- To comply with environmental regulations and established codes of practice.
- Welcome spot checks from the Health and Safety Executive, the Environmental Agency and Thames Water to ensure we comply with best practice in Health & Safety legislation, Environmental regulations and that we are not discharging any chemicals into the environment.
- To consider environmental impacts as an essential element when evaluating new projects, products, and operations.
- To establish objectives and targets aimed at the prevention of pollution by reducing the generation of waste, recycling waste that is generated and properly disposing of waste that cannot be recycled.
- To encourage conservation of energy, water, and natural resources through increased efficiency and the introduction of new technology.
- To provide employees with a better understanding of environmental issues and the company’s commitment, policies, and programs to preserve and improve the environment.
- As key workers during the pandemic, the company is committed to providing a safe working environment for all staff and in so doing, hopes to prevent the spread of Covid-19 though safe working practices, regular testing of staff and sanitising as well as in encouraging staff to behave responsibly in helping minimise the spread and transmission of the virus.
- To openly make this policy available to all employees and visitors to our company.
BJS management shall ensure that the environmental policy is clearly understood, implemented, maintained, and communicated at all levels in the organisation. They will take this environmental policy into consideration in the development of objectives and targets.
Chief Executive Officer
23rd March 2020